50Hertz is one of the four transmission system operators (TSO) in Germany. We transport electricity at extra-high voltage level. The company's approximately 1,600 employees achieve something that until recently seemed impossible: advancing the energy transition at high speed while maintaining a high level of supply security. Together with the Belgian electricity grid operator Elia (Brussels), we form the internationally active Elia Group. As a TSO, we take on a central moderating role in the realisation of the energy transition from a social, technical and economic perspective.
.NET Software Developer (Tailor Made Developments) (f/m/d)
50Hertz Transmission GmbH – ein Unternehmen der europäischen Elia Group • Berlin • Experienced professionals
I create clean and efficient code for tailor made software applications addressing specific business needs being part of the energy transition.
Why is this role interesting for me? The Elia Group is at the forefront of the energy transition. In this international team, I can contribute to innovative as well as intuitive tailor-made applications, which meet and exceed the specific business needs. At the Elia Group, I can make an impact and create assets for an organization, which ensures the security of energy supply for 30 million people. At the same time, I can continuously develop my strengths and take responsibility.
My tasks as a .NET developer:
- Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications and guidance,
- Developing new programs and systems as well as fixing and improving existing software,
- Collaborate with team members and architects,
- Professionally maintain all software and create updates regularly to address customer and company concerns,
- Analyze and test programs and products before formal launch,
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace,
- Ensure software security by developing programs to actively monitor the sharing of private information,
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions,
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to ensure that all employees are confident in the use of software applications.
- Agile and optimization-focused thinking is part of our team DNA at the Elia Group.
- IT/tech-related academic degree (bachelor’s or master’s degree),
- Several years of experience using .NET (-related) technologies,
- Very good knowledge of application development and maintenance (ADM) in the .NET-sphere,
- Very good knowledge of the Windows-platform,
- Conceptual knowledge of dependency injection, software design patterns and continuous integration,
- Experience using of C#, XAML,
- Language skills: English (C1) and fluent German (“business fluent” B2/C1) are necessary.
Nice to have:
- Experience with development in cloud environment (public and private cloud),
- Experience with Kendo UI and ASP Web Forms,
- Experience with DNN is a plus.
Flexi Compass - see how flexible this vacancy is
- Working hours per week: 37 hours (full time),
- Flexible working hours and a long term working time account supporting your work-life-balance,
- The number of flex days is not limited,
- No core working hours,
- Mobile working, also from home, is possible.
50Hertz Transmission GmbH - a company of the European Elia Group
What are the benefits of working for 50Hertz?
37 hour week
30 days of holiday
Flexitime with a long-term time account
Fair remuneration and a wide range of social benefits
Supported personal development
As one of the four transmission grid operators in Germany, 50Hertz is responsible for high-voltage power transmission; control at this level is decisive for the stability of the grid and to ensure a secure electricity supply in Germany and Europe. We are part of a European grid association, working closely with colleagues throughout Europe. 50Hertz is part of a European company, working alongside Belgian grid operator Elia in the Elia Group. We work together closely in many key areas. Individual activities such as IT or purchasing are organised at the group level, which means that in these areas colleagues from Elia and 50Hertz work in a team from both Berlin and Brussels.
Please do not hesitate to apply, even if you do not match the competence profile 1:1 in all points.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. The 50Hertz Disabled Persons Representative (SBV) (email@example.com) will be glad to advise you confidentially, including on the accessibility of our workplaces. If you would like to mention your (severe) disability already in the application form and/or your application, we will forward your application to the SBV so that they can actively support your application from the beginning.