50Hertz is one of the four transmission system operators (TSO) in Germany. We transport electricity at extra-high voltage level. The company's approximately 1,600 employees achieve something that until recently seemed impossible: advancing the energy transition at high speed while maintaining a high level of supply security. Together with the Belgian electricity grid operator Elia (Brussels), we form the internationally active Elia Group. As a TSO, we take on a central moderating role in the realisation of the energy transition from a social, technical and economic perspective.
Java Software Developer (Tailor Made Developments) (m/f/d)
50Hertz Transmission GmbH – ein Unternehmen der europäischen Elia Group • Berlin • New professionals
I am developing software components and objects within important projects for the digital energy transition.
Why is this role interesting for me? The Elia Group is at the forefront of the energy transition. In this international team, I can contribute to innovative as well as intuitive tailor-made applications, which meet and exceed the specific business needs. At the Elia Group, I can make an impact and create assets for an organization, which ensures the security of energy supply for 30 million people. At the same time, I can continuously develop my strengths and learn from my specialist colleagues.
My tasks as a Java developer:
- Development of clean and efficient code based on specifications and guidelines,
- Development of applications and systems,
- Troubleshooting programming issues and ensuring a productive work environment,
- Maintenance and regular improvement of existing software,
- Pre-launch analyzing and testing,
- Ensuring software security by developing programs to actively monitor the disclosure of private information,
- Proactively seeking ways to improve processes and interactions, addressing the business needs,
- Helping and supporting my team colleagues.
Agile and optimization-focused thinking is part of our team DNA at the Elia Group.
- IT/tech-related academic degree (bachelor’s or master’s degree),
- Several years of experience using the Java-stack,
- Very good knowledge of Java frameworks (e.g., Spring Boot),
- Good knowledge of redundant, highly available systems, micro service architectures, API-centric system designs, and development environments,
- Knowledge of dependency injection, software design patterns and continuous integration,
- Language skills: English (C1), fluent German is a plus.
Nice to have:
- Experience with development in cloud environment (public and private cloud),
- Good knowledge of standards and Java web technologies (backend) such as Open API Specifications 3.0, REST, gRPC as well as Camunda BPM, Hazelcast as well as libraries for web front ends,
- Knowledge of OAuth2.0, SQL databases, graph databases, NoSql databases as well as Kubernetes.
Flexi Compass – see how flexible this job is:
- Working hours per week: 37 hours (full time),
- Flexible working hours and a long-term working time account supporting your work-life-balance,
- The number of flex days is not limited,
- No core working hours,
- Mobile working, also from home, is possible.
50Hertz Transmission GmbH - a company of the European Elia Group
What are the benefits of working for 50Hertz?
37 hour week
30 days of holiday
Flexitime with a long-term time account
Fair remuneration and a wide range of social benefits
Supported personal development
As one of the four transmission grid operators in Germany, 50Hertz is responsible for high-voltage power transmission; control at this level is decisive for the stability of the grid and to ensure a secure electricity supply in Germany and Europe. We are part of a European grid association, working closely with colleagues throughout Europe. 50Hertz is part of a European company, working alongside Belgian grid operator Elia in the Elia Group. We work together closely in many key areas. Individual activities such as IT or purchasing are organised at the group level, which means that in these areas colleagues from Elia and 50Hertz work in a team from both Berlin and Brussels.
Please do not hesitate to apply, even if you do not match the competence profile 1:1 in all points.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. The 50Hertz Disabled Persons Representative (SBV) (email@example.com) will be glad to advise you confidentially, including on the accessibility of our workplaces. If you would like to mention your (severe) disability already in the application form and/or your application, we will forward your application to the SBV so that they can actively support your application from the beginning.