The Elia Group transports electricity at extra-high voltage level. Two large European power grid operators make up the group: Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in north-eastern Germany. Together we are an international team of 2500 colleagues. It is our task to realise the climate targets of the European Green Deal. Elia Group is therefore accelerating its investment programme. We are preparing our onshore and offshore grid infrastructure for the integration of large amounts of renewable energy to electrify our society in a sustainable way.
Product Owner Data Platform / Data Mesh (f/m/d)
Elia Group • Berlin • Experienced professionals
I develop and further grow a product, which is part of Elia Group’s Data Platform to create value for our business lines and a successful energy transition.
Why is this role interesting for me? The Elia Group is at the forefront of the energy transition. Being part of a creative and highly motivated team in Berlin and Brussels, I manage the interface between business needs and my team to deliver data management solutions in line with the data centricity and the data mesh principles.
My tasks as a Product Owner (f/m/d):
- Developing a vision & roadmap for my product to create maximum value added together with the other Product Owners of the Data Platform,
- Leading the delivery of data-related solutions by thinking ahead, prioritizing deliverables and managing stakeholders’ expectations,
- Ensuring that the product team (e.g., data engineers, integration engineers, UX designer) can work in an efficient and independent way,
- Collaborating with other departments to manage planning constraints and to achieve synergies,
- Communicating topics related to budget and progress,
- Advertising the importance of data management, from integration over modeling to detailed data definitions,
- Promoting my own solutions and the Data Platform across the company and engaging with various stakeholders to further develop the platform, share insights and collect feedback,
- Collaborating with procurement in the context of tendering processes.
- Degree in business, economics, computer science, engineering or a similar field,
- Several years of relevant experience as a Product Owner in complex IT projects, preferably related to data and data integration and/or the energy industry,
- General understanding of technologies such as Kafka, GraphQL, Azure Data Platform or RabbitMQ,
- Relevant experience or theoretical knowledge of data concepts such as event-driven integration, event-streams, data lake, data mesh, stream analytics, self-service approaches,
- Stakeholder management abilities at the interface between business and IT,
- Agile development experience,
- General willingness to travel,
- Language skills: English (C1); Dutch, French or Dutch are a plus.
Flexi Compass - see how flexible this vacancy is
- Working hours per week: 37 hours (full time),
- Flexible working hours and a long term working time account supporting your work-life-balance,
- The number of flex days is not limited,
- No core working hours,
- Mobile working, also from home, is possible.
What are the benefits of working for 50Hertz?
37 hour week
30 days of holiday
Flexitime with a long-term time account
Fair remuneration and a wide range of social benefits
Supported personal development
As one of the four transmission grid operators in Germany, 50Hertz is responsible for high-voltage power transmission; control at this level is decisive for the stability of the grid and to ensure a secure electricity supply in Germany and Europe. We are part of a European grid association, working closely with colleagues throughout Europe. 50Hertz is part of a European company, working alongside Belgian grid operator Elia in the Elia Group. We work together closely in many key areas. Individual activities such as IT or purchasing are organised at the group level, which means that in these areas colleagues from Elia and 50Hertz work in a team from both Berlin and Brussels.
Please do not hesitate to apply, even if you do not match the competence profile 1:1 in all points.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. The 50Hertz Disabled Persons Representative (SBV) (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be glad to advise you confidentially, including on the accessibility of our workplaces. If you would like to mention your (severe) disability already in the application form and/or your application, we will forward your application to the SBV so that they can actively support your application from the beginning.