50Hertz is one of the four transmission system operators (TSO) in Germany. We transport electricity at extra-high voltage level. The company's approximately 1,600 employees achieve something that until recently seemed impossible: advancing the energy transition at high speed while maintaining a high level of supply security. Together with the Belgian electricity grid operator Elia (Brussels), we form the internationally active Elia Group. As a TSO, we take on a central moderating role in the realisation of the energy transition from a social, technical and economic perspective.
IT Security Advisor / Consultant (f/m/d)
50Hertz Transmission GmbH – ein Unternehmen der europäischen Elia Group • Berlin • New professionals
I contribute to the protection of Europe's energy supply through proactive and reactive IT security measures.
Why is this role interesting for me? As an IT Security Advisor / Consultant (f/m/d), I play a key role in ensuring information security within Elia Group. As part of an international team, I ensure the secure integration of new digital technologies into our project and application environments and serve as a contact person for a wide range of internal stakeholders.
My tasks as IT Security Advisor (w/m/d):
- Assess and evaluate current threats, and derive and implement IT security requirements,
- Review and analyze security events, and identify patterns and trends,
- Detailed analysis of alerts while ensuring thorough investigation and escalation of critical incidents to the appropriate parties.
- Manage, support and monitor log collection using Security Operations Center (SOC) tools.
- Process and resolve security related tickets,
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and assist with remediation,
- Effectively communicate vulnerabilities to affected IT and project managers.
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, with a focus on Information Security or in a related field or proven experience,
- Technical affinity (knowledge in the field of IT administration, servers, firewalls, etc.),
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Team-oriented approach to work and communication skills,
- Languages: German and English (min. B2).
Nice to have:
- Experience in information security, including vulnerability assessment, incident response, and security event analysis,
- Experience in development,
- Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders,
- Knowledge of BSI baseline protection, ISO/IEC 27001, risk analysis,
- Relevant certifications (e.g. OSCP, CISSP, CISM, CEH) are desirable.
Flexi Compass - see how flexible this vacancy is
- Working hours per week: 37 hours (full time),
- Flexible working hours and a long term working time account supporting your work-life-balance,
- The number of flex days is not limited,
- No core working hours,
- Mobile working, also from home, is possible.
50Hertz Transmission GmbH - a company of the European Elia Group
What are the benefits of working for 50Hertz?
37 hour week
30 days of holiday
Flexitime with a long-term time account
Fair remuneration and a wide range of social benefits
Supported personal development
As one of the four transmission grid operators in Germany, 50Hertz is responsible for high-voltage power transmission; control at this level is decisive for the stability of the grid and to ensure a secure electricity supply in Germany and Europe. We are part of a European grid association, working closely with colleagues throughout Europe. 50Hertz is part of a European company, working alongside Belgian grid operator Elia in the Elia Group. We work together closely in many key areas. Individual activities such as IT or purchasing are organised at the group level, which means that in these areas colleagues from Elia and 50Hertz work in a team from both Berlin and Brussels.
Please do not hesitate to apply, even if you do not match the competence profile 1:1 in all points.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. The 50Hertz Disabled Persons Representative (SBV) (email@example.com) will be glad to advise you confidentially, including on the accessibility of our workplaces. If you would like to mention your (severe) disability already in the application form and/or your application, we will forward your application to the SBV so that they can actively support your application from the beginning.